Feb 8, 2011

D.I.Y

So as a change of pace I'm workin' on a fun decor piece. For the BF I wanted to give him somethin' cool, and I promised it for Christmas...but as you can probably tell its a tiny, weee bit past Christmas O.o

BUT!

I am still workin' on it so it counts. I have been working on a wall lamp using the iconic pulp fiction image of John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson.


I plan to paint it on Plexi Glass and put the light in the back and everything. Pretty much the most hands on project I have done in quite a while. I have to make a frame for it as well as install the lighting. I am pretty excited to see how this goes, and to check out my craftsmanship. Technically, it shouldn't matter much being that most of the lights will be off when its in use... so the frame wont be in perfect lighting to notice the imperfections lol.

But I wont let that coerce me into being sloppy with the job. I hope that if I can make one that its possible to make another without much damage to the pocket, in hopes that I might be able to sell one.

If I get this going it could be a neat change to my work thus far. who knows? could be a fun side job for me to do to get some extra cash flow, I sure know I could use it right about now.

R.

1 comment:

  1. Thiccccccccccccc boiiii flexxxxx on these n🆎Bas

    ReplyDelete