Nov 5, 2009

Abyzou


I worked my butt off today to get one of my newer pieces started, I feel like I hit a road block with my devils deeds man, and so I decided I wanted to go back and work up some more of my demonology stuff while I still had the ideas flowing.

Right now I have been focused on Abyzou, she is a female demon blamed for the miscarriages and infant mortality rate. It is said that she is driven by jealousy of pregnant women because she herself was infertile. I wanted to work up two different pieces for her because I feel like I need to give her the benefit of the doubt.

So in the image I started first I depicted her in the way that other saw her, as a baby snatcher in a sense. I see her as someone who steals away in the night to ruin your happiness over your child.

In the second piece however I want to depict her as a human, maybe before she was dammed to hell, as a distraught woman who longs to have a baby of her own. In my belief I like to think that she was not always so evil, and wanted to try and give her a softer side.

Well I posted up my first part of the two and its very rough at this point but so far im happy with my progress. I also have my second one worked up in tracing paper ready to be scanned in I will post that soon.

1 comment: