Jul 21, 2011

Creative Quarterly

The last few weeks have been pretty enlightening for me. I have been having some real good discussions with a friend of mine who is an aspiring writer with only one year of school left to go. We both are learning the meaning of getting out there with our abilities. Learning to deal with failures, or more like, allowing ourselves the opportunity to fail or succeed. I have toyed with ideas of starting a website, or using a artfire.com to put my art out there for people to buy, but at the same time the art that i would be selling would be some of my handmade items, such as magnets and figurines also headbands and such.

I have many aspirations in doing different things both handmade and digital art. I enjoy a bunch of different mediums but I also think that it is the problem with me sticking to one idea and going with it full circle. So Today in my email i got a 2nd call for the call for entries on Creative Quarterly, I thought to myself , this is my chance JUST DO IT! So I did, even if i get nothing I still know that my art was seen by other eyes than my own and those of my friends and other artsy people.

So now the weeks to wait are going to begin. I think there are still 5 or so days left before the deadline and than 6 weeks of waiting for the judgment....so who knows in a couple months my artwork may be in a magazine.... that so happens to NOT have copies in my town.... HOW convenient.

I also had to submit a company name for the entrant so I had to think about what I would name an Illustration company that I would create, I went with Oddworld Illustrations. I figured that would truely accentuate the type of art that I create, in the fact that there are things slightly off in my work, the way the body is created, or the surroundings that arent quite anything you know for sure.

well I wanted to just give an update, I am workin on some new art lately, some more cute stuff like the giraffe that I did a few months ago.
R.

No comments:

Post a Comment